Saturday, June 27, 2009

Flying to Kauai - June 27 2009

Just boarded the flight to Ontario where we wait for 3+ hours before we fly to San Francisco and then to lihue. I could not sleep yesterday night fantasizing about changing (missing!!!) flights so as to fly on the nonstop which leaves Denver at 11 am and reaches Kauai at 2 pm. That would have been cool(er) right? I have been eyeing that flight ever since I chanced on it being available on miles exactly 4 days after I booked my long winding trip leaving at 9.00 am MST and reaching Kauai at 7.00 in the night ... While I did put my best foot forward in trying to change it, I made peace with it the minute I talked to a united service agent.
Lessons learnt:
united has some seriously twisted rules on award tickets - any changes including missing a flight have to rescheduled on exactly the same itinerary with the same stopovers. Get ready to camp out - tardy award flyers :)
Sometimes procrastination is a virtue. The mystery (wisdom?) is knowing when!
I am thankful that i didn't really miss a flight. That would have been very uncool, wouldn't it?
Last but not the least we are on vacation! The rest is fluff.
We have been grumpy, sleep-deprived, stressed, relaxed, with all care and concern slowly ebbing away all in the span of a flight journey. Yeah baby, vacation has begun ... Long live the travel bug!

No comments: